Thursday, February 9, 2012

Rochester for Turkey Day!

Yep.....I'm still VERY behind......and promise to catch up ASAP!!! The whole computer thing is just NOT helping!! Well, those of you who know me know that I am originally from Rochester, NY and Jason was born and raised in Greensboro, NC. This makes the holidays a little difficult for both of us because obviously we both want to be with our families during the holidays AND be with each other.....and it's just not possible to do with 12 hours of driving in between. So.....we split holidays.....and this year because of my crazy work schedule and our postponed(thank you mother nature) honeymoon.....we did Thanksgiving in Rochester and Christmas in NC. One catch.......this was all a relatively last minute decision......and airfare was astronomically high......so.......ROAD TRIP!! (Jason loves being in the car for 10-12 hours :) Here are a few pics of our trip!!

On the road after I had to cover a few practices before we left :)

Breakfast at Jine's with my parents......hello bed head J???
Every year for a while now, it has been tradition in our family to go and cut down our own Christmas tree. I was super excited this year because we were actually able to go and take part in the hunting and cutting for the second time since Jason and I have been together!!
Michael (my bro), Kathy (his girlfriend), Jason, and I sitting on the hay :)

Does live animals count as the whole live manger thing???

Jason and I

The sheep liked Michael!

And Jason.....

Michael and I on the tractor to get dropped off to start the search!

Jason and I

Mom, Michael, Kathy, and Dad

Me with the "wagon" to drag the tree back once we cut it down.

Found "the one".....Michael and Jason doing the dirty work!

Mom and I

The boys......so proud!

And the cheering section!

Bringing the tree to the pick up station!

Mom and Dad

We had a great, but short trip home and visit with the fam. I can't wait to go back and visit with all the friends and family we missed out on because it was such a short trip. If there's one thing (and I know it may not seem bad right now because this is only two months late!!) that I can remind all of you.......it's that when you think the holidays are crazy because you have to go to multiple houses for different friends and families......be thankful that you can do that......and are able to spend time not matter how long or short the time is with them.

On another note......our drive home only took 16 HOURS because of traffic and accidents, etc.........what a nightmare.......but SOOO thankful for the time we were able to spend with my family.

Here are a few really awesome pictures of our extreme bordem while we were moving 10mph!!


No comments:

Post a Comment