Thursday, February 9, 2012

Technical difficulties AND weigh in updates :)

For the past few weeks I have been dealing with some serious technical difficulties that has made me realize how much society now relies and resorts to computers, internet, electronics, etc. Well.....my laptop died about two and a half weeks ago. I sat down to back up allllllll of my pictures and documents and as Murphy's law would have it......my laptop made some really crazy crunchy noises, the screen went blank, and in old DOS typing said "Cannot locate operating system". Well, even for the technologically handicapped like me.......I knew that was not good. So......my brother-in-law saved the day and was able to save all of my "stuff" on an external hard drive.(Thanks Bob.....you're the best :) So for now......I'm stuck in the office at the desktop blogging......which is not nearly as comfortable as the couch while being entertained by my husband or the TV, but oh well......this will have to do for now......until we can save up for a new one!! I'm just very happy and thankful that everything was able to be saved off of the laptop!!

So, because of these technical difficulties......I have neglected to update you on my last two weigh ins!!

Two weeks ago, on January 27th I hit my first low of this weight loss journey that I am finally dedicated too! I went into weight watchers, stepped on the scale......and BAM like a slap in the face they told me I had gained 2.6 pounds bringing my total loss down to 13.8. I immediately was so angry and frustrated because I knew there was no way that I had eaten or not exercised enough to have that result on the scale. When I tell you something has finally clicked this time around, I mean it.....and I've been working my butt off! So this.....only four weeks into my public weigh ins.....was not what I needed. I went to the meeting, and sat quietly while my frustrating stewed and all I could do was back track through my week and try to figure out what went wrong. I really couldn't even tell you what they were talking about in the meeting, but I was there and that's all that matters, right?!?! Some of you are probably reading this and thinking there are so many factors that go into weight loss......which with my profession, hopefully I am very aware of this.....however it does not make it any easier when I know how hard I had been working!

Factors that could have attributed to this gain:
1. Muscle weighs more than fat......I have increased my exercise intensity which is probably resulting in a gain of muscle......the scale does not decipher that!
2. Was I hydrated from the day before? I had worked out twice that day and probably did not hydrate myself enough to allow my body to do all of its normal functions.....such as.....
3. Time of the month......without a doubt caused the scale to increase for me every time.....and.....
4. I didn't go to the bathroom

Ok....may be TMI.....but I weigh in once a week.....that's it......and if all of these factors are not balanced out......I may not get the result I want. I ended up calling Jason and telling him how disappointed I was and being the best husband that he is.....he gave me encouraging words not to quit and get all worked up about one silly weigh in. I listened to him and it really did help.....then I went home and with a little frustration.....added 26 marbles back into my jar......ugh!!

Feb 3rd weigh in: Woo hoo!! So glad I did not quit!! I kept working all week......finally was able to get over the big disappointment from the week before and went to weigh in again!! This time I lost 4.2 pounds!!
Down 4.2 pounds.....woo hoo......total loss: -18.0
I obviously felt MUCH better after this weigh in and know that I will not have the perfect weigh ins that I always want.......I am human......just have to keep on trucking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment