Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dad visits Greensboro :)

Ok, I am sooooo extremely behind in this, but I have been beyond busy and have finally somewhat caught with everything that I think I can do this for a little while. Ever since I graduated from college my mom and dad come and visit usually once a year where ever I am living!! This fall my dad came down and we all had a great time!

The first night he was here my high school was playing a high school right down the street from our house, so Jason and dad came to watch our game......and of course.....yours truly in action :)

Saturday Jason and I decided to take him hiking at Hanging Rock because he LOVES being active and sight seeing.  Oh.....and we can't forget Tego......the border collie......who absolutely LOVES hiking too!!







It was a beautiful day in NC and dad really enjoyed the view at the top of the rock.....even though he may have been a little scared to go to the edge :)

Saturday night we had a great dinner at the Bean's house with my sister-in-law, her fam, and Momma Smith!
Anyone that knows my dad knows that he enjoys at least a drink.....be it wine, gin, vodka, etc.....a day. So, when Jason and I were trying to think of where to take him on Sunday.....we thought the vineyards would be perfect!! Childress vineyards (yes, owned by Richard Childress for you avid NASCAR fans) is about 30 minutes away from our house......so we headed out on another beautiful NC day and enjoyed brunch at the vineyard......

Then went on a tour.......





 Walked around the vineyards enjoying the scenery and weather!!!!







 And of course......you can't go to a vineyard without doing a wine tasting :)

We had a great day and were super tired by the end, so we decided to grab dinner at a local restaurant Fishbones and come home and watch football. And of course......my dad had to spoil the dogs a little by letting them on the couch.

The weekend went by very quickly, but Jason and I really enjoyed his company. Can't wait for the next visit to show him more parts of NC!! Love you Dad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment